Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Rejections redux

So in a previous post I described how two papers I previously submitted to two different Elsevier journals (Intelligence and the Journal of Criminal Justice) were rejected, both within 24 hours. But there are other articles I have submitted to reputable journals too, all of which have now been rejected, indicating I clearly have to be more attentive to detail and meticulous before I try doing this again. Anyway, I wanted to update my readers on what has happened with the other submissions (some of this was also stated at the bottom of the old post, linked above).

Earlier today (7/24/2018) I got a rejection email from Personality and Individual Differences (about state IQs). I have also had another paper rejected by Intelligence (which was a meta-analysis of the black-white mean IQ gap, and which is different from the rejected paper mentioned above and in the post from this May) and yet another (about the validity of FS/S, a widely used gun ownership proxy) that was rejected by Crime & Delinquency. So that's a total of 5 rejections. I'm 0-for-5, baby! No but seriously I clearly have to learn a lot more about these subjects and especially how to organize a scientific paper before trying this again. But I have every intention of trying again at some point.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment